That changed when the industrialist Gain Cristoforo Ritter became the owner of the building, giving to it the today’s neoclassical style. He expanded the park and transformed it into a romantic green area with curved pathways and irregular small woods. It is probably during this period the Monopteros Temple was built at the end of the new park. The park was well-known for the valuable and exotic floral species, including a redwood. After the transfer of the building to the Municipality in 1907, the green area was reduced to enable the construction of Via Barzellini and the Pitteri School.